Archive for March 2020
Covid-19 Update – March 23, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE: Monday March 23rd
We are implementing new precautions for the safety of our staff and clients. Our staff members are splitting into two separate teams and working week long shifts so we can continue providing service if someone were to get sick. With this change we ask for your patience as it means we will have less staff on hand to answer calls, take appointments, etc. Also with this change comes a change in hours, so we can still accommodate client appointments.
The good news is that we’re adding some hours.
Mon-Fri – No Change 8:30 – 5:30
Saturday: 8:30 – 5:30
Sunday: 8:30 – 3:30
Effective immediately, we will no longer allow clients into the building except for extenuating circumstances such as euthanasia.
When you arrive for your appointment, call us at 780-349-3663, and a technician will come out to work with you.
We will fill out all forms for you and get verbal authorization rather than a signature.
Your technician will take your pet into the clinic so we can weigh them, take vital signs, examine them, and come up with a treatment plan. Communications will be made via phone throughout the appointment when at all possible in order to minimize direct contact. Payment will also be taken over the phone rather then curbside when possible.
Additionally, appointments and procedures considered urgent will take precedent. We are no longer performing dentals but are making a list for when we are able to again.
As for grooming, Bridget will be on one of the shifts, working a week on and a week off.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we strive to do what we can to remain available to our community.
Contact us: 780-349-3663
Shop online here: https://westlockvetcenter.clientvantage.ca/
Covid-19 Update: Tuesday March 17, 2019
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and new information today, we have updated some of our policies to ensure that all clients, patients and staff are kept as safe as possible.
We politely request that from Wednesday March 18th, that all our clients adhere to the following:
• For those coming in for appointments, we ask that when you arrive to remain in your vehicle and call 780-349-3663, a staff member will then come out to retrieve your pet. Payment can be made from your vehicles with our debit machines or over the phone. Alternatively if you need to attend with your pet, we ask that only one person accompany the pet.
• We are asking ALL clients who are picking up ANY items, including prescriptions, medications, pet food, cattle vaccines and livestock products to call ahead so we can prepare your order, take payments over the phone and bring your items to your car when you arrive. OR we can take our debit machines out to your vehicle along with your order.
• As recommended by the WHO, we would appreciate if you can pay with a card rather than cash.
• We will continue to maintain our excellent cleaning standards and have increased the frequency of cleaning of client areas of the practice. All surfaces and door handles are being disinfected regularly, and all staff are following hygiene procedures.
• Please follow current guidelines regarding personal hygiene and hand
sanitation. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you enter the clinic.
• If you have a new/persistent cough or a fever, or any symptoms associated with corona virus or other respiratory illnesses, please do
not come to the clinic. If you are self-isolating please do not come to the clinic. In these circumstances, if you require veterinary care,
please phone us for advice. Non-urgent consultations may be rescheduled. We may ask that your pet is brought to the clinic by a friend or relative, or we may advise a telephone consultation.
• If you have any questions or concerns regarding the situation, please give us a call.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation. Please be respectful of our staff who are working hard to mitigate the risks and consequences of this serious situation while aiming to provide you and your animals the best care possible.
*March 14, 2020, we will continue to update our clients as more information on Covid-19 becomes available or processes change.
At Westlock Vet Center the medical experience of our clients and patients is always our main focus. Now, more than ever, in light of the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, we are focusing on the health and safety of all our clients, patients and employees, without compromising the quality of our veterinary services.
We are closely following the latest information, protocols and tools from the world’s leading health experts and government authorities – including the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control – to maximize the effectiveness of our response.
As always, we have stringent practices around sanitization, disinfection and cleaning of all areas of the clinic. We follow rigorous infection prevention and hygiene protocols. The WHO has several recommendations to reduce exposure to a range of illnesses, including hand and respiratory hygiene as well as safe travel practices. There are hand sanitizer stations throughout the clinic for both staff and clients to use on top of already strict washing protocols.
In the interest of all of our clients and staff, the WVC team requests that any clients who are exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or breathing difficulties refrain from coming to the clinic and consider having a friend or family member bring your pet, or reschedule the appointment entirely. Please call us at your earliest convenience if you have to cancel or reschedule and we will be happy to do so. We have also encouraged staff to stay home should they be experiencing symptoms or if they have travelled internationally. WVC staff members will be minimizing direct human-to-human contact while following all CDC recommended hygiene practices.
The World Health Organization has also stated, “There’s no evidence that dogs can spread the disease or that the disease can cause an animal to fall ill.” We have taken precautionary measures to ensure your wellbeing, along with that of your pets and our employees.
We are doing everything we can to provide a safe and sanitary experience when you visit us. Thank you for your understanding.
If you need to reschedule please call us 780-349-3663